8/21/08
Here We Go Again....
Calling anyone who has had recurrent UTIs, or knows someone who has had them(especially in little girls)! I have some questions about prevention and diagnostic procedures (VCUG and renal US). Please let me pick your brain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.gif)

3 comments:
Tricia Dana's daughter had a ton of them one year. Call me if you need her number.
Call Katrina.
I am a pro at this. Audrey had so many a few years ago. It was summer,and I think was triggered by being in her swim suit for too long. Then I think the antibiotics made her immune system lower and she kept getting them. She ended up having to get checked for reflux, which involved putting a catheder in her. They say it wouldn't hurt and they do it all the time. Don't believe them. I had to hold Audrey down while she screamed in pain like I've never seen any of my kids do. She was too swollen to get it in, but they kept trying! She ended up bleeding, and come to find out she still had a uti while they did this. I'm not sure how they can let that happen, but she didn't have it, and after the summer was over the uti's ended. She hasn't had one since! I also make sure my girls don't linger in soapy water. SHe may not have been drinking enough water that summer also, which could have contributed.
Good luck!
Tricia
Post a Comment