
3 truths and some lies: you decide!
I am a late 30’s something beauty that has been married to an agile, good looking stud for almost 16 years. Those of you that are acquainted with us know that this is true! :) We have 4 very well behaved, smart, talented, adorable, obedient, service oriented children that always think of others before themselves…(they’ve been taught well!)…3 girls; 11, 9, & 3, and 1 boy; 5! (I’m interested to know what you thought was the truths in each sentence and which was the lies! Ha ha ha )
Now on to the truth!
I am the oldest of 3 kids. I was adopted and then of course my mom got pregnant…twice! My dad gets bored VERY easily, and so we moved a lot while growing up! During the ages of 6-11, I lived in Snowflake, AZ where we still have some close ties. I have spent the longest time in Mesa though. In our brief but hellious stay in Louisiana, my mom got sick. This story is much much too long to share in a blog, so in short, she was diagnosed with MS (Multiple Sclerosis). She has had it since I was 11. Currently she is in an assisted living home not far from here. When I was 14, my parents divorced. I became a nanny for a little boy whose mom owned a flower shop. My mom was a silk florist and had taught me, so I gradually learned fresh flowers also. On top of that job, when I was 17, I started working at a local video store, (I love to quote movies). I graduated High School…well almost…that’s another long story. Let it be known that I do have a diploma! :) I went to cosmetology school…and passed my boards thank you very much! But I DO NOT do hair, so don’t ask! Ha ha I just keep my license up in case I need to fall back on it someday!
I am the oldest of 3 kids. I was adopted and then of course my mom got pregnant…twice! My dad gets bored VERY easily, and so we moved a lot while growing up! During the ages of 6-11, I lived in Snowflake, AZ where we still have some close ties. I have spent the longest time in Mesa though. In our brief but hellious stay in Louisiana, my mom got sick. This story is much much too long to share in a blog, so in short, she was diagnosed with MS (Multiple Sclerosis). She has had it since I was 11. Currently she is in an assisted living home not far from here. When I was 14, my parents divorced. I became a nanny for a little boy whose mom owned a flower shop. My mom was a silk florist and had taught me, so I gradually learned fresh flowers also. On top of that job, when I was 17, I started working at a local video store, (I love to quote movies). I graduated High School…well almost…that’s another long story. Let it be known that I do have a diploma! :) I went to cosmetology school…and passed my boards thank you very much! But I DO NOT do hair, so don’t ask! Ha ha I just keep my license up in case I need to fall back on it someday!

I met Kevin 2 weeks before he left on his mission to Mexico! I didn’t want anything to do with a “Molly Mormon” so to “Scare” him off, after that first date, I leaned over and kissed him, thinking he would think I was easy or something…I was wrong. He called the next morning! He had a girlfriend, we were just NCMO’s. A few days before he left, I went scripture shopping with him. He held up a blue scripture in one hand and a black in the other and asked which one…that was it! I was hooked! (Didn’t tell him though!) We wrote his entire mission. I was waiting but dating! He came home, took 4 days to kiss me again, then proposed on the 7th day. So technically we dated for 3 weeks before engagement! Our cake top was a boy and girl kissing, and of course, it fell the night before our wedding, and the the boys head broke into pieces. (was that a sign? ) So we put it on the cake anyways with the pieces laying in the frosting and a sign out the neck of the boys body that read: “She kissed me and I lost my head!” I love being married to him and being a mom to my kids! It’s the greatest job ever!


TIDBITS:
Dr.Pepper easy ice. That’s my drink of choice. I have bad luck. We just laugh about it because we just assume that something is probably going to go wrong…and it usually does. When you expect it, it isn’t that bad when it happens! Scrapbooking. The old way! It relaxes me! Pedicures, massages, facials. I love to be pampered. And you should too! Cleaning Lady. When I can afford her I don’t miss a chance to have her! I love it! Do you want her #? CHOCOLATE! I am a true choco-holic! Weird things happen! Katrina calls them "I Love Lucy" moments, but there are so many of them that it's too much to share. You can ask her about them sometime! Mexican Food. I could eat it everyday! Abuelo’s, LuLu’s, and used to be Mattas are a few of my favorites! Adult ChitChat I get it when I can! DVR. Everyone should get it and I want it on my radio now! 2 movies that should be on every woman’s ‘must see’ list: Steel Magnolias and Pillow talk!
DISLIKES:
Laundry, being late, whining kids, FISH, slow drivers, stuff just left around…like I’m gonna pick it up for them! , snotty nosed kids (gag), Zack & Cody & Drake & Josh (they drive me nuts!!!!!!!!).


TIDBITS:
Dr.Pepper easy ice. That’s my drink of choice. I have bad luck. We just laugh about it because we just assume that something is probably going to go wrong…and it usually does. When you expect it, it isn’t that bad when it happens! Scrapbooking. The old way! It relaxes me! Pedicures, massages, facials. I love to be pampered. And you should too! Cleaning Lady. When I can afford her I don’t miss a chance to have her! I love it! Do you want her #? CHOCOLATE! I am a true choco-holic! Weird things happen! Katrina calls them "I Love Lucy" moments, but there are so many of them that it's too much to share. You can ask her about them sometime! Mexican Food. I could eat it everyday! Abuelo’s, LuLu’s, and used to be Mattas are a few of my favorites! Adult ChitChat I get it when I can! DVR. Everyone should get it and I want it on my radio now! 2 movies that should be on every woman’s ‘must see’ list: Steel Magnolias and Pillow talk!
DISLIKES:
Laundry, being late, whining kids, FISH, slow drivers, stuff just left around…like I’m gonna pick it up for them! , snotty nosed kids (gag), Zack & Cody & Drake & Josh (they drive me nuts!!!!!!!!).
You gotta have this! My sister said I had to have it and bought me one while visiting here in July! LOVE IT!!! And the kids love to use it too! It's great for tile, corners, rugs...no more sweeping (well almost no more!)

.gif)

7 comments:
i used to watch pillow talk all the time in high school and steal magnolias in college when i needed a good cry!
not looking forward to next weeks spotlight...
I learned so many fun things about you! The cake topper story is too funny! So, will you cut my hair?? :) Just kiddin!!
Kristin
Your so cool. I think you are the funniest person I have ever met.
What a fun read!! I absolutely loved looking at your pictures. Ad don't hate me but I haven't seen either of those movies. It looks like I know what I will be renting at Blockbuster real soon.
Kristen, You're one of my favorite people! I can always count on you for a good laugh. Loved hearing all about you! Steal Magnolias is a favorite of mine too. Thanks for doing such a great job in the nursery. You're wonderful!
So fun to read about you, you crack me up! I agree about pedicures and we should get a few of us to get one. Your pictures are so fun. I have not seen either movie... yet. I want your cleaning lady's # real bad.... but I don't think now is the time. Thanks for sharing with us!
If you're Lucy that must make me Ethel! :) And, I'm still hoping your cleaning lady might show up at the wrong house some day!!
Post a Comment